Eyres of Chesterfield Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (collectively referred to as "EYRES OF CHESTERFIELD LIMITED", "we" or "us" in this policy).
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at EYRES OF CHESTERFIELD LIMITED, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. EYRES OF CHESTERFIELD LIMITED is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our store(s), use your mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
General Eyres of Chesterfield Limited (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable Eyres of Chesterfield Limited to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Promotional communications Eyres of Chesterfield Limited uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest Eyres of Chesterfield Limited offers. Eyres of Chesterfield Limited aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual. You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- Making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails or the “STOP” number for texts; and/or
- Contacting Eyres of Chesterfield Limited via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
We may analyse your browsing and purchasing activity, both on-line and in store, and your responses to marketing communications. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, allows us to ensure that we contact you with information on products and offers that are relevant to you. To do so, we use software and other technology (automated processing).
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers. Eyres of Chesterfield Limited only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Eyres of Chesterfield Limited and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Eyres of Chesterfield Limited will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes. We may share your data with:
- credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for Eyres of Chesterfield Limited to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws. If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 10 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Eyres of Chesterfield Limited may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on Eyres of Chesterfield Limited websites;
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location; and
- your correspondence and communications with Eyres of Chesterfield Limited.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our websites, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Eyres of Chesterfield Limited is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Our security measures include:
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
- security controls which protect the entire Eyres of Chesterfield Limited IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
Eyres of Chesterfield Limited will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Eyres of Chesterfield Limited asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond. If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Legal basis for Eyres of Chesterfield Limited processing customer personal data
Eyres of Chesterfield Limited collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message. Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.